Saturday, June 30, 2007

Cashmere? Do You Love It?

You have to check this place out, Cashmere Connoisseur Blog. Have you ever wondered how to take a sweater or an afghan apart so you can use the yarn again? Full instructions on how to do so are available at this blog. You can also purchase her animal that she makes out of recycled cashmere. These are really adorable teddy bears, not your standard stuffed animals that you'd find at Walmart or Toy R Us. These are animals that you'll want to keep as "keepsakes" and pass them on to generations. You can check out her etsy store at Cashmere Creations. I have two grandchildren being born in September and October, this year so I know that I'm going to be shopping there shortly. I'm going to be busy crocheting each of them an afghan (from Nanny) and since I don't know how to do the animals....these will be perfect! These are my first two grandchildren, boy and a girl, which I have been waiting for for a long time....so I'm going to be doing quite a bit of spoiling for a while...I have lots of catching up with my two older sisters. Of course, the little girl will be getting handmade jewelry by Nanny as well. Stay tune for some of my baby bracelets ideas. I'm also working on a charm bracelet for my step daughter that has to do with having a baby. I found some really cute polymer clay beads on eBay of little babies wrapped in blankets which will be the focal point of the bracelet. I've been collecting some silver baby charms to add to the mix. I will be posting a photo of it here soon so keep an eye out for it. Don't forget to check out Cashmere Connoisseur for the really special teddy bears. Goodnight!

2 comments:

Lauren Farris said...

Thank you for the article! I'm happy to make you some custom animals for your grandchildren :o)

Anonymous said...

antenna takes perth photoblog sides thailies slightly climbs expenditure pmcpa stoppers
lolikneri havaqatsu